Public Health Sudbury & Districts and Algoma Public Health are seeing a rise in COVID-19 numbers including hospital admissions.
Algoma Public Health is reporting ten active cases in the Algoma District.
While most of cases are in the Sault Ste. Marie area, there are also confirmations of cases in North Algoma.
Public Health Sudbury & Districts is reporting 29 active cases in Greater Sudbury, in the district and on Manitoulin Island.
Health Sciences North has also admitted six patients, two are in Intensive Care and four are awaiting testing.
Provincially, Ontario reported 722 new cases as of Sunday evening including two deaths.
- Of the new cases reported, 444 are unvaccinated individuals, 76 are partially vaccinated, 158 are fully vaccinated, and the vaccination status of the remaining 44 cases is unknown.
- 178 COVID-positive people are currently hospitalized in Ontario.
- There are 113 COVID-positive patients in intensive care, plus another 28 patients who no longer test positive for COVID-19.
- 61 COVID patients are on ventilators and another 18 patients on ventilators no longer test positive for COVID-19.
- 9,754,737 Ontarians have been fully vaccinated.