A friend told me this dip was delicious and she was right. If you like store bought dill pickle dip, you will love this homemade version. It’s loaded with chunks of dill pickles, and is delicious served with potato chips, pretzels, vegetables or crackers. I found it a bit thick, so I added a couple heaping tablespoons of sour cream. I like to make it ahead and refrigerate to allow the flavours to blend.
Dill Pickle Dip
• 8 ounces cream cheese softened
• 2 tablespoons pickle juice
• 3/4 cup chopped pickles
• 1 tablespoon fresh dill chopped, or 1-2 tbsp of dried dill weed.
• 2 tablespoons sliced green onion tops
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• Chopped pickles and dill for garnish
In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, pickle juice, pickles, dill, green onions and garlic powder until thoroughly combined. Add a little more pickle juice or sour cream, if you prefer a thinner consistency. You can serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 8 hours. Garnish with chopped pickles and dill prior to serving.