(ESPANOLA, ON) – On October 3, 2021 members of the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police were dispatched to a disturbance on Barber Street, Espanola.
Officers were able to locate the individual responsible for the disturbance. During the arrest, a police officer was assaulted and others were threatened.
As a result of the investigation, Ryan CLOWATER, a 41-year-old resident of Espanola has been charged with:
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking, contrary to section 145(4)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Uttering Threats- Cause Death or Bodily Harm, contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC (3 counts)
- Assault with Intent to Resist Arrest, contrary to section 270(1)(b) of the CC
- Mischief – Destroys or Damages Property, contrary to section 430(1)(a) of the CC
- Mischief – Renders Property Dangers, Useless, Inoperative or Ineffective, contrary to section 430(1)(b) of the CC
- Assault a Peace Officer, contrary to section 270(1)(a) of the CC
- Resist Peace Officer, contrary to section 129(a) of the CC
The accused was held for a bail hearing and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on December 6, 2021.