The Espanola and Area Family Health Team has been selected by the Ontario Ministry of Health to be a pilot COVID-19 vaccination centre in the Sudbury District.
OTN coordinator with the team Chelsey Sisson says anyone who doctors at the clinic, as well as other essential workers, can receive the vaccination under the pilot.
All vaccinations are by appointment only since the clinic will be receiving a limited vaccine supply.
She adds to book an appointment for the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, go to www.espanolaregionalhospital.ca and click on ‘COVID-19 Vaccine’.
Appointments can only be scheduled on the website on a first-come, first-served basis.
Sisson says the following workers qualify for this vaccination trial:
- Elementary and secondary school workers (including educators, custodial, school bus drivers, administrative staff)
- Workers responding to critical events (including police, fire, special constables, children’s aid society workers, emergency management, critical infrastructure restoration workers)
- Enforcement, inspection, and compliance roles (including by-law enforcement, building inspectors, food inspectors, animal welfare inspectors, border inspection officers, labour inspectors, WSIB field workers)
- Individuals working in licensed childcare settings (including all licensees, employees, and students on educational placements who interact directly with children in licensed childcare centres and in authorized recreation and skill-building programs licensed home childcare, and in-home service providers, employees of home childcare agencies)
- Foster care agenda workers (including customary care providers)
- Food manufacturing and distribution workers
- Agriculture and farm workers
- Funeral, crematorium, and cemetery workers
- Essential and critical retail workers (including grocery, foodbank, pharmacy, ServiceOntario, ServiceCanada, Passport Canada, wholesalers and general goods, restaurant, LCBO workers)
- Workers in manufacturing industries directly involved in supporting the COVID-19covid 19 response, construction (including infrastructure) and other essential businesses and services where facilities are at heightened risk for COVID-19covid 19 outbreaks and spread
- Social workers and social services staff who provide in-person client services (including youth justice workers, Ontario Works and Ontario Disability Support Program caseworkers)
- Courts and justice system workers (including probation and parole workers)
- Transportation, warehousing, and distribution workers (including public transit workers, truck drivers supporting essential services, marine and rail cargo and maintenance, highway maintenance)
She adds if you have any questions or concerns about the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine call the COVID-19 vaccine hotline at 705-862-7991 ext. 4248.
If you have already received a COVID vaccine, or if you are already booked to receive a vaccine somewhere else, do not try to book an appointment for the clinic. If you have already received the vaccine, click on the appropriate link on the page to let them know and they will update your medical records.