For carb-avoiders, this is a new way to enjoy burgers without the bun. You serve all the toppings in the burgers themselves by shaping the burger into a little bowl instead of a patty. Feel free to add your favourite fillers; caramelized onions would also be delicious.
Fully Loaded Burger Bowls
• 2 lb extra lean beef (use extra lean to avoid too much grease on the pan)
• 2.5 teaspoons Seasoned Salt
• 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground Black Pepper
• 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
• 4 Tbsps butter
• 2 cups sliced mushrooms
• 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
• 10 slices of bacon, cooked and diced
• diced chives/green onions, bacon, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing for topping
Mix together beef, seasoned salt, garlic powder, black pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Divide hamburger into 4 portions. On a baking sheet lined with foil, form 4 meat bowls around a clean jar or can. (Don’t make the sides too thin). Set aside. In a medium pan, sauté mushrooms with butter. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide into 4 equal portions. Fill each meat bowl with 1/4 cup of cheese, mushrooms, 2 slices worth of diced bacon, and then top with 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake at 350 covered with a foil tent (foil loosely covering) for 20- 30 mins. Before serving, top with diced bacon, barbecue sauce, ranch dressing and diced chives/green onions.