(SABLES-SPANISH RIVERS, ON) – On September 26, 2021 at 8:53 a.m. members of the Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a disturbance on Government Road in Massey.
Police were initially dispatched to a residence for a noise complaint that later turned into an individual armed with a weapon.
As a result of the investigation, David STOUTENBURG from Massey, has been charged with:
- Pointing a Firearm, contrary to section 87 of the Criminal Code of Canada (CC)
- Possession of Weapon for Dangerous Purpose, contrary to section 88 of the CC
- Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition, contrary to section 86(1) of the CC
- Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm, contrary to section 91(1) of the CC
- Possession of Proceeds of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the CC
- Possession of a Prohibited Device or Ammunition, contrary to section 92(2) of the CC
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Opioid (other than heroin), contrary to section 4(1) of the Control Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance- Cocaine, contrary to section 4(1) of the CDSA
- Possessing Cannabis for the Purpose of Selling, contrary to section 10(2) of the Cannabis Control Act (CA)
- Cultivate, Propagate or Harvest More Than Four Cannabis Plants, contrary to section 12(4)(b) of the CA
- Alter or Offer to Alter the Chemical or Physical Properties of Cannabis by the use of an Organic Solvent, contrary to section 12(1)(b) of the CA
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice on November 15, 2021, in Espanola.