Welcome to Local Hippie’s weekly tip for living a greener life! Each week we will provide you with a quick tip to help you reduce your carbon footprint and change the world.
This week’s tip is a recipe for a homemade & all-natural hand sanitizer.
It’s that time of year! Cold and flu germs are all around us, and while the best way to avoid these germs is washing your hands and keeping them away from your face, this homemade hand sanitizer can help when you’re in a pinch!
Materials & Ingredients:
• 2 ounce spray bottle
• 3 tablespoons witch hazel or rubbing alcohol
• 5 drops lemon essential oil
• 5 drops orange essential oil
• 5-10 drops tea tree essential oil
• Distilled water
1. In the spray bottle, combine the witch hazel or rubbing alcohol with essential oils. Place the sprayer on tightly and shake well for 20 seconds to combine.
2. Open the bottle and fill to top with water. Replace spray and shake again for 20 seconds.
3. Spray on hands and rub in to combat germs!
Have questions or comments? Feel free to forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a happy hippie week!