(ESPANOLA, ON) – Improperly plated vehicle leads to multiple charges including impaired driving.
On February 15, 2023, at approximately 12:00 a.m., members of the Manitoulin (Espanola) Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were utilizing the Automatic Licence Plate Recognition (ALPR) System.
A vehicle was stopped for not being properly plated and the driver was found to be driving impaired.
As a result of the investigation, Kyle TRUDEAU, 31-years-old from Wikwemikong First Nation was arrested and charged with:
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Heroin contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance – Cocaine contrary to section 4(1) CDSA
- Operation While Impaired – Alcohol and Drugs contrary to section 320.14(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Driving While Under Suspension contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA)
- Operate Unsafe Vehicle contrary to section 84(1) HTA
- Use Plate Not Authorized for Vehicle contrary to section 12(1)(d) HTA
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Espanola on March 13, 2023.