(CURTIN TOWNSHIP, ON) – The Manitoulin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) have arrested and charged the driver of the motor vehicle who was involved in the collision on Highway 6 in Curtin Township.
On July 31, 2022 at approximately 4:45 a.m. the OPP, Manitoulin-Sudbury Paramedic Services and the Espanola Fire Department responded to a single motor vehicle collision. Investigation revealed a motor vehicle left the roadway and struck a rock cut. The driver the motor vehicle was transported by Air Ornge to Health Sciences North in Sudbury. Further investigation revealed that the motor vehicle and licence plates were stolen.
Maxwell SWISTON, 27-years-old from Hamilton was charged with:
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Under $5000 – in Canada, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Possession Property Obtained by Crime Over $5000 – in Canada, contrary to section 354(1)(a) of the CC
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- Heroin, contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- Methamphetamine, contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA
- Possession of a Schedule III Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking, contrary to section 5(2) of the CDSA
- Drive Vehicle or Boat with Cannabis Readily Available, contrary to section 12(1) of the Cannabis Control Act 2017
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Espanola on September 12, 2022.
– 30 –