The warmer weather is here which means more get-togethers with family and friends; and therefore it’s time to up my dip game! I often make nacho dip for our parties, but this dip goes above and beyond when you add a couple of extra layers. You can use refried beans in place of the hamburger for a vegetarian version. It is filling enough it could also be served for lunch.
7 Layer Dip
• 8 oz cream cheese, softened
• 2 cups sour cream, divided
• 2 packages taco seasoning, divided
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 1/2 cups guacamole
• 1 1/2 cups salsa
• 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
• 2 roma tomatoes, diced
• 1 small bunch of romaine,
Use a 9 x 13 dish.
• Layer 1: Blend cream cheese, 1 cup sour cream and 1 package
taco seasoning until smooth. Spread in bottom of dish.
• Layer 2: Meat or Beans. Brown your ground beef in a
medium skillet over high heat until all the pink is out. Drain meat and
add 1 package taco seasoning (no water needed). Spread meat over
the first layer. If you prefer, use a can of refried beans instead of meat.
• Layer 3: Guacamole. Spread 1 1/2 cup of either homemade
guacamole or already prepared guacamole over the meat.
• Layer 4: Sour cream. Spread over guacamole.
• Layer 5: Salsa. Spread over sour cream.
• Layer 6: Shredded Cheese. Sprinkle your favorite cheddar or
Mexican blend cheese over the salsa.
• Layer 7: Add the finishing touch by sprinkling the diced tomato and
shredded lettuce on top. You can also add green onions and black
olive slices if desired!
Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy