Additional Arrested Made
(SAGAMOK FIRST NATION, ON) – On November 5, 2023, the Manitoulin Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Crime Unit, the OPP Community Street Crime Unit, the North East Region OPP Emergency Response Team, and members of the Manitoulin Detachment of the OPP executed a warrant that had been issued for the arrest of a person involved in assisting in committing an indictable offence after the fact involving an ongoing homicide investigation in Sagamok First Nation.
As a result, Justin SOLOMON, 39-years-old from Sagamok First Nation was arrested and charged with:
- Accessory after the fact to commit indictable offence, section 463(b) of the Criminal Code (CC)
- Possession of schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – Fentanyl, section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine, section 5(2) CDSA
- Possession of schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine, section 5(2) CDSA
- Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court, section 145(5)(a) CC
The accused was held in custody and is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice Bail Court in Sudbury on November 17, 2023.
The investigation is being conducted by the Manitoulin OPP Crime Unit and the Anishinabek Police Service (APS) under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch, and in conjunction with the Office of the Chief Coroner, Ontario Forensic Pathology Services and OPP Forensic Identification Services.
If anyone has further information regarding this incident, contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or your nearest police service. Should you wish to remain anonymous, you can call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit your tip online at www.ontariocrimestoppers.com where you may be eligible for a reward of up to $2,000.