With the holidays here, it’s nice to have a casserole to serve company. This is perfect for brunch or Christmas morning breakfast.
Weekend Brunch Casserole
• 1 pound of sausage (casing removed)
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 green onions, chopped
• 1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent rolls
• 6 eggs beaten
• 1 cup milk
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Crumble and cook sausage with the onion in a medium skillet over medium heat until browned. Drain well.
- Line the bottom of greased 13 x 9 inch baking dish with crescent roll dough, firmly pressing perforations to seal. Cook for 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from oven and sprinkle with sausage and cheese. Combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl until blended; pour over sausage.
- Bake 30 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting into squares; serve hot. Refrigerate leftovers.