Welcome to Local Hippie’s weekly tip for living a greener life! Each week we will provide you with a quick tip to help you reduce your carbon footprint and change the world.
The countdown is almost over! By now, your gifts should be wrapped, your baking is baked, and your stockings (and bellies) are stuffed.
Here is a quick guide to dealing with holiday waste:
• Food scraps
• Dried fruit decor
• Brown wrapping paper
• Coffee grounds from 5am Christmas morning!
• Salt dough ornaments
• Natural unaltered greenery (pine boughs & boxwood wreaths)
• Cans and bottles
• Broken gift boxes or bags (no foil, shine, or sparkles)
• Recyclable wrapping & tissue paper (no foil, shine, or sparkles)
• Greeting cards you don’t plan on keeping
• Gift boxes & bags in good condition
• Ribbon & bows in good condition
• Tins from Christmas baking
• Turkey carcass or ham bone for soup broth!
Cheers to a wonderful holiday season with all of the people you love!
Have questions? Feel free to forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a happy hippie week!