Pot left on stove causes heavy fire damage

By Rosalind Russell – The Elliot Lake Fire Department responded to a fire yesterday that started in a kitchen.

Fire Chief John Thomas says the department received a 911 call just before 8 am yesterday morning at 239 Westhill Road in Elliot Lake.

He says the fire was put out fairly quickly, within 15 minutes, but with heavy fire damage to the kitchen area of a trailer.

He says there were no injuries and the damage is estimated at around $93,000, adding the cause of the blaze was a pot left on the stove.

Thomas adds he would like to remind the public to never leave cooking appliances unattended when in use and every home in Ontario must have a working smoke alarm on every storey and outside all sleeping areas.

Photo: Elliot Lake firefighters put out a fire on Sunday, which caused heavy damage to a trailer kitchen. A pot left on the stove was the cause of the blaze resulting in over $93,000 damage. Photo – Elliot Lake Fire Department

This entry was posted in Local, News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *