Welcome to Local Hippie’s weekly tip for living a greener life! Each week we will provide you with a quick tip to help you reduce your carbon footprint and change the world.
This week I’ve got a quick and easy recipe for your next Meatless-Monday! These quesadillas are super yummy and will have you forgetting that they’re vegetarian after the first bite.
Sweet Potato & Black Bean Quesadillas
• 4 Medium flour tortillas
• 1 large sweet potato
• 2 avocados
• 1/2 cup black beans rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup of corn
• 1 red pepper
• 1 orange pepper
• 1 tbsp taco seasoning
• 1 cup cheddar cheese
• 1 tbsp butter
• Use a fork to poke several holes into the sweet potato and microwave for 8 minutes or until very tender.
• Add diced peppers to a large pan and cook until tender. Add black beans, corn, and taco seasoning and stir to combine, cooking another 3 minutes. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
Assemble the Quesadilla
• Lightly spread butter over one side of the tortilla. On the other side spread about 3 tbsp of sweet potato over the tortilla. Next mash half of an avocado over the sweet potato. Add about 1/4 cup of the veggie/bean filling over the top of the avocado. Finally sprinkle a generous amount of cheese over top.
• Place the butter side of the tortilla down on the warm pan and cook over medium heat until tortilla is browned and cheese is melted. Carefully fold tortilla in half on to itself using the spatula. Repeat until all tortillas are filled and cooked. Slice and serve warm with salsa, sour cream, or guacamole!
Have questions? Feel free to forward them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a happy hippie week!